We will be starting a 5-week paleo challenge on 14 September and ending on 16 October! Here is how you can get involved:Y
You will be measuring your success over the 5 weeks of the challenge using a system of points.
There are 2 ways that you’ll be able to earn points for the challenge.
- Daily points for eating Paleo, along with bonus points for maintaining healthy sleep and exercise habits
- A WOD will be tested at the beginning and end – you guessed it: Fight Gone Bad!
Daily Points & Bonus Points
Each challenge participant will start each day with 7 points. These points represent 7 aspects of the Paleo diet. Please report your points weekly.
- Eat real food. Lean Meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils (like EVOO or coconut, walnut, avocado). Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re fresh and natural.
- Do not eat dairy. This includes butter, cheese, yogurt and milk (including cream in your coffee).
- Do not eat grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, corn, oatmeal, and also any gluten-free pseudo-grains (quinoa, etc).
- Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter!
- Do not eat sugars of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Truvia, Stevia, etc.
- Do not eat processed foods. Unless you have some kind of case-specific need (medical)
- Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
What about Post-WOD? Well, here is where we are going to work a little bit of “blind-eye magic”. You are allowed whey protein and a processed carbohydrate within 30 minutes of your workout (inside the anabolic window). This means Kill Cliff drinks are fine, and so are the bars, too.
So, if you follow points 1-6, but have a beer with your dinner, you get 6 points for the day. Subtract a point for the day if you have cream in your coffee. Eat a bagel – subtract a point. Etcetera. If you have a beer, cream in your coffee and a bagel in one day, you’re down to 4 points for that day. If you have a question about whether something counts as a point or not, ask and we’ll figure out an answer.
Earn one bonus point per day that you get 8.5+ hours of sleep.
Earn one bonus point per day (maximum of 5 per week) for each WOD you complete at GrowStrong CrossFit.
Points are awarded on the honor system.
We have a Google Doc available to keep track of your points. Bookmark it. The URL is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rmGo10uCHc-GWuY8kUr8htNgfjzr1a0pxMOSMOcP-o8/edit?usp=sharing
We will do Fight Gone Bad on the 14th of September and the 16th of October. You may receive a 1:1 point value for each rep increase in FGB, it could be more, but we aren’t totally sure there yet. You’ll know before we retest, though.
Any questions? ASK US!